Rental Terms and Conditions of use by his/her initials below or/and by electronic acceptance, the RENTER acknowledges that he/she has read and understood the following terms and agrees to the same.
1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
Venture2Paris offers real property vacation rental services to persons seeking to rent private residential accommodations for short-term vacations in France.
Unless otherwise indicated on the Vacation Rental Agreement, a Reservation Deposit of 50% of the rent must be received by Venture2Paris before a booking will be confirmed. The balance of the rent is due 45 days prior to the beginning of the rental period. If the arrival date is within 45 days of the date of booking, rent must be paid in full for the booking to be confirmed. Venture2Paris will provide client with written confirmation of the reservation once the required payment is received.
3. ARRIVAL and DEPARTURE
Unless other arrangements have been made in advance with Venture2Paris, occupancy commences at 4:00 PM on the Arrival Date and terminates at 10.00 AM on the Departure Date. Morning check-ins from 9:00 AM can be arranged only if the previous renter has vacated the premises the day before.
Please note: any change in arrival date or time must be approved by Venture2Paris at least one week prior to the arrival date.
4. USE OF PREMISES
RENTER agrees to occupy the premises peacefully and abide by customary standards of acceptable behavior in France:
- RENTER is responsible for appropriate and decent behavior of his/her party;
- RENTER is responsible for leaving the premises in good clean order at the end of the RENTER’s stay (see provision #5: “SECURITY DEPOSIT”).
- Venture2Paris strictly prohibit parties of any kind in the rented premises;
- RENTER is requested to be careful of noise, loud music, particularly between 7pm and 8am. Should client or his/her party behave in an indecent or incorrect manner based on civilized standards, they may be asked to vacate the premises with no refund;
- RENTER agrees that the premises are rented for residential use only. RENTER shall not use the premises as a business address, nor shall RENTER conduct any business activities of any nature (such as, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, fashion shows or fashion displays, photo shoots, business meetings, or business receptions) at the premises without express written permission from Venture2Paris obtained at the time of the booking;
- Smoking is not permitted. Pets are not allowed at any time in the premises. The use of wood burning fireplaces is strictly forbidden;
- Any violation of this provision shall be deemed a material and incurable breach of contract and shall entitle Venture2Paris, the Owner and/or Venture2Paris ’s property manager in France (“Property Manager”) to serve RENTER with an immediate notice to vacate, without refund of any monies paid, including the Security Deposit which will be forfeited, and notwithstanding civil action taken on account of the violation.
5. SECURITY DEPOSIT
RENTER is fully responsible for damages caused by RENTER or RENTER’s invitees to the premises. A security deposit must be paid by a check drawn on a US bank account, or by wire transfer, at least 14 days prior to the RENTER’s Arrival Date. Venture2Paris may refuse access to the property if the deposit is not paid on time.
This non-interest bearing Security Deposit will be returned 7 working days after the Departure Date, less any additional expenses (i.e. phone, pay per view programs, extra cleaning charges) and any accidental damages the property or the building may have incurred, excluding normal wear and tear. Please note that Venture2Paris does not ‘nickel and dime’ guests for small breakage such as wine glasses or plates, but ask that the apartment be left tidy upon departure.
- A USD$100 per room fee will be charged should the apartment be left in a messy/dirty condition causing more than normal cleaning effort.
- As most locks are security-type, RENTER shall expect a charge of at least $USD220 should keys be lost or lock have to be replaced.
- Where damage caused by RENTER or RENTER’s invitees exceeds the amount of the Security Deposit, RENTER expressly agrees to reimburse Venture2Paris for the excess amount.
6. NUMBER OF GUESTS
Authorized guests listed on the reservation agreement are the only persons allowed to occupy the premises overnight. For insurance purposes, the total number of people present at the property at all times (adults and children) must not exceed the maximum number of sleeping places indicated in the property description. Violation on this provision will result in loss of use of the property while the Security Deposit will be forfeited.
7. CANCELLATION CHARGES – It is RENTER’s responsibility to purchase trip cancellation insurance, which is strongly recommended. In the event of cancellation of a booking, even if substituted by another booking, the following cancellation penalties must be paid:
Cancellations made more than sixty (60) days prior to arrival date will incur no penalty. If the cancellation is made thirty (30) days before arrival date, 50% of the rental fee will be reimbursed, and if cancellation happens 15 days prior to arrival no reimbursement will be made.
Should Venture2Paris, for any reason beyond their control including force majeure, be unable to provide the RENTER with the property he/she has booked, the company reserves the right to transfer the RENTER, upon agreement, to a similar property. If the price of the substituted property is less, the difference will be reimbursed to the RENTER.
If the price of the substituted property is higher, the difference will be charged to the RENTER. However, if no agreement can be reached, both contractual parties are authorized to cancel the contract, and Venture2Paris will refund to the RENTER all monies paid. Venture2Paris total liability shall be limited only to such amount advanced by RENTER.
8. ERRORS, OMISSIONS, PRIOR BOOKINGS, CHANGE, AND WITHDRAWAL WITHOUT NOTICE
The descriptions of locations and accommodations are provided in good faith and based on the latest information provided by owner. Photographs of properties are non-contractual and will not be recognized as basis for any claim. Photographs are intended to give a general idea of the appearance and atmosphere of the property and serve no other purpose.
9) STATE OF THE PREMISES AND REPORTING OF ONSITE PROBLEMS
RENTER agrees to immediately inform the local agent of any issue, damage or claim concerning the occupancy of the premises. If such issue, damage or claim can’t be resolved with the local agent to RENTER’s satisfaction, RENTER must report the problem within 24 hours to Venture2Paris in writing (email or fax being sufficient). RENTER acknowledges that any complaint that was not brought to Venture2Paris’s attention prior to leaving the property will not give rise to any indemnity.
- Venture2Paris is not liable for any temporary defects or stoppages in supply of electricity, gas, water, plumbing, A/C, cable TV, Internet access or telephone services.
- Venture2Paris is not liable for any inconvenience including but not limited to noise nuisance incurred by RENTER or any member of RENTER’s party and related to maintenance, renovation and/or repairs performed in the building, its common areas or in the immediate vicinity by parties not affiliated with Venture2Paris.
- Venture2Paris is not liable for any loss, damage, or inconvenience of RENTER caused by anything beyond its control. Venture2Paris is not liable for any pest/rodent infestation or any other adverse environmental conditions, including, but not limited to heat wave, freeze, humidity resulting in mold/fungus development, or other extreme climate conditions.
10. RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND LIABILITY INSURANCE
Absent the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Venture2Paris or Owner, RENTER agrees to fully release Venture2Paris (and its owners, employees and agents) and Owner (and Owner’s employees and agents) from any and all claims (whether they be in contract, tort, or otherwise) liability, loss or cost relating to any loss or damage to any property or person arising in connection with the property or RENTER’s occupancy thereof.
RENTER understands and agrees that RENTER is obligated to purchase personal or travelers insurance to cover any such damage or injury. RENTER understands that all valuables left in the Property are done so at RENTER’s own risk.
All measures have been taken to ensure that the rental property is secure, but it is RENTER’s responsibility to make sure proper precaution is taken against theft and burglary. In addition, RENTER agrees to indemnify Venture2Paris (and its owners, employees and agents), Owner (and Owner’s employees and agents) for all loss, costs, expenses, direct or indirect damages, punitive damages or any other liability incurred by said parties resulting from any act or omission by RENTER in connection with this rental. In the event a court has determined that Venture2Paris and/or Owner has any liability here under, such liability shall be limited to the total fees paid by RENTER to Venture2Paris pursuant to this rental agreement.
11. RIGHT OF ENTRY
Venture2Paris, Owner, their representatives and/or agents have the right to enter the premises, at any time (i) for the purpose of making necessary or agreed repairs, decorations, alterations, improvements, for maintenance or to supply necessary or agreed services; (ii) to verify that RENTER complies with the terms of this Agreement; or (iii) in case of emergency.
12. JOINT AND SEVERAL LIABILITY AND AUTHORITY
All persons signing this agreement as RENTER shall remain jointly and severally liable for all obligations arising here under, whether or not they remain in actual possession of the Premises.
Prior to initiating any action, each party agrees to inform the other party of any complaint, and to make a good faith effort to resolve the issue amicably. If no such resolution can be reached, the parties agree to mediate or arbitrate such dispute or claim. In the event a dispute or claim is not resolved by mediation, such dispute or claim must be submitted to binding arbitration. The prevailing party in any mediation or arbitration shall be entitled to the award of attorneys’ fees and costs.
14. NO CONFLICTING TERMS
If there is any conflict between these T&C’s and the rental agreement which these T&C’s are annexed, the term in the rental agreement will govern.